Free –Developmentally Appropriate Preschool
Now taking Applications for the 2022-2023 school year
Children must be four years of age on or before August 31, but cannot have reached their fifth birthday and must meet at least one of the criteria listed below.
- Living in a single parent home
- Have a parent who was a teen parent
- Have a parent who is active or reserve military
- Have a parent lacking a high school diploma or GED
- Low income (qualifies for free lunches)
- Developmentally or academically delayed
- DCF referral
- Limited English proficiency
- Child qualifies for Migrant status
- Model student (meeting no criteria) – limited number
In district students who plan to attend USD249 Kindergarten will have preference.
Students who do not qualify for at least one of the above will be notified of acceptance if space is available as late as August.
Applications will be accepted in order that they are received. Limited spaces are available, so please return applications as soon as possible.
Please complete the application (linked here) and return it to:
USD 249 Frontenac Frank Layden Elementary
Attn: Sunny Zafuta
200 E. Lanyon
Frontenac, KS 66763
Phone (620) 231-7790
Fax: (620) 231-1312